The journal spans disciplines, emphasizing research that seeks to uncover the underlying science and behavior of nanostructures and further the goal of unifying nanoscale research in physics, materials science, biology, chemistry, engineering, and their expanding interfaces. Original research papers which appear rapidly following submission are published as Nano Express. Nano Ideas is a new format that focuses on well-founded and conceptually substantiated ideas which need neither elaborate theoretical verification nor experimental realization. NRL also publishes invited personal perspectives as Nano Commentaries, addressing general concerns of the nano community and highlighting new areas of science.
Coverage includes (but is not limited to) the latest developments in the following areas:
- Synthesis, fabrication, and processing of nanostructured materials: Assembly and self-assembly, nanomanipulation, lithography, patterning and printing
- Characterization of properties affected by nanoscale dimensions: Optical, electrical, magnetic, structural, vibrational, and mechanical properties of nanostructures
- Nanostructures based on: Semiconductors, metals, dielectrics, superconductors, ceramics, and bio-materials
- Modeling and simulation of processes and properties on the nanoscale
- Quantum dots, quantum wires, quantum wells, superlattices and thin films
- Fullerenes, organic and inorganic nanotubes
- Semiconducting, insulating, and metallic nanowires
- Colloidal nanocrystals, nanoparticles, nanoclusters
- Organic-inorganic hybrid nanomaterials
- Nanocomposites and nanoporous materials
- Supramolecular and biochemical assemblies
- Manipulation and recognition of single biological molecules
- Nanobioscience and nanobiotechnology: Nanomedicine, nanobiodevices, nanobiosensors, nanobioimaging, and bio-nanoelectromechanical systemts (bio-NEMS)
- Development of devices and technologies based on the unique electronic, optical, and magnetic properties of nanomaterials.
Open Access provides worldwide access to your research free of charge to anyone with an internet connection, ensuring maximum visibility.