Electronic structures of GaAs/Al x Ga1-x As quantum double rings
© to the authors 2006
Published: 11 August 2006
In the framework of effective mass envelope function theory, the electronic structures of GaAs/Al x Ga1-x As quantum double rings (QDRs) are studied. Our model can be used to calculate the electronic structures of quantum wells, wires, dots, and the single ring. In calculations, the effects due to the different effective masses of electrons and holes in GaAs and Al x Ga1-x As and the valence band mixing are considered. The energy levels of electrons and holes are calculated for different shapes of QDRs. The calculated results are useful in designing and fabricating the interrelated photoelectric devices. The single electron states presented here are useful for the study of the electron correlations and the effects of magnetic fields in QDRs.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Special Foundations for State Major Basic Research Program of China (Grant No. G2001CB309500).
- Mano T, Kuroda T, Sanguinetti S, Ochiai T, Tateno T, Kim J, Noda T, Kawabe M, Sakoda K, Kido G, Koguchi N: Nano Lett.. 2005, 5: 425. COI number [1:CAS:528:DC%2BD2MXhtVKlur8%3D] 10.1021/nl048192+View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- S.-S. Li, J.-B. Xia, J. Appl. Phys. 89, 3434 (2001) and J. Appl. Phys. 91, 3227 (2002)Google Scholar
- Burt MG: J. Phys. Condens. Matter. 1992, 4: 6651. 10.1088/0953-8984/4/32/003View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Foreman BA: Phys. Rev. B. 1995, 52: 12241. COI number [1:CAS:528:DyaK2MXptVSqtbg%3D] 10.1103/PhysRevB.52.12241View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Cusack MA, Briddon PR, Jaros M: Phys. Rev. B. 1996, 54: 2300. 10.1103/PhysRevB.54.R2300View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Vurgaftmana I, Meyer JR: J. Appl. Phys.. 2001, 89: 5815. 10.1063/1.1368156View ArticleGoogle Scholar